Since completing his education from Carleton University in Canada in Film and TV Studies, Farrukh has been working tirelessly in various aspects of media and film. Before he came up with the idea for Fz Media, he worked on numerous projects that helped him hone his creative abilities.
Farrukh’s role in Fz Media has him acting as the director and producer for most of the company’s projects.
Some of his previous work includes:
- Directed each of the 13 documentaries on the Sufi poets of Pakistan as well as serving as the Director for the new Sufi Poets of Pakistan documentary.
- Worked on various corporate documentaries and advertisements as a Creative Assistant for Evernew Concepts.
- Assistant Director to Shah Bilal on the ATV Drama ‘Nautanki’.
- Associate Director for a documentary directed by Afrin Hussain commissioned by PDSSP (Punjab Devolved Social Services Programme) to develop a Behaviour Change Communication video to create awareness about the Special Needs Children.
- Research Assistant for a documentary on Rising Sun Institute, an institute for mentally challenged children.
Hasan has a BBA (hons.) degree from Middlesex University in London and an ACCA from Kaplan FTC in London. He has been involved in a variety of projects in different aspects of entertainment, web development and online marketing all over the globe before the creation of Fz Media. .
His previous experience includes:
- Project Manager on various web and mobile app development projects for leading software houses.
- Production Assistant for the British Broadcasting Channel’s (BBC) Red Nose Day broadcast.
- Presenter of radio shows on various radio channels in the UK and in Pakistan including BBC Radio, Radio Pakistan and FM91.
- Vast experience of directing and script writing for stage productions, documentaries and comedy skit shows in the UK and in Pakistan.
- Translated various books from Urdu to English for the Pakistan Academy of Letters and various publishing houses.
- Has worked as Editor and Writer for various publications in the UK and Pakistan.
- Created soundtracks for video games in addition to writing and producing a number of songs for various artists in the UK, Middle East and Pakistan.
Shakeel has been working with a camera for the better part of two decades and has extensive experience with a large amount of projects all over Pakistan. His role in Fz Media projects consists of working as the Director of Photography, Production Manager and Editor.
Some of Shakeel’s work before the creation of Fz Media includes:
- Directed and produced a documentary in Urdu and English on Gender Sensitization for UNDP. The purpose of this documentary was to educate the Nazims of Punjab on gender sensitivity.
- Created corporate documentaries and videos for clients such as PepsiCo International, DESCON Engineering, Cupola Pakistan, Orient Advertising, Art & Techniques Advertising.
- Produced and directed a documentary for WAPDA on the creation of Mangla Dam and the settlement of New City Mirpur.